The City Clerk's office provides support to the City Council and the City Manager's Office, and serves as a source of information for all City departments and the general public by:
- Publishing City Council agenda packets.
- Recording the minutes of City Council meetings.
- Coordinating updates to the Claremont Municipal Code.
- Assisting with recruitments for City commissioners.
- Serving as the filing officer for all campaign and conflict of interest disclosure statements as required by the State Political Reform Act through the Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC).
- Conducting municipal elections.
- Administering the City records management and imaging programs, which contribute to government transparency.
- Maintaining the City’s official documents.
- Handling claims against the City.