To provide guidance for the
orderly development of the City and
In fulfilling the mission, the Planning Division performs the following functions:
- Prepares, updates and administers the General Plan to guide future development of the City and the Zoning Code to implement the General Plan.
- Provides information and assistance to the public on the City's planning process and encourages public participation in all planning and development actions.
- Analyzes land use and development proposals from an environmental, zoning, land use, and design standpoint and provides recommendations to City commissions and the City Council.
- Monitors and influences subregional and regional planning efforts and policies for Southern California.
- Inspects construction to ensure compliance with planning regulations and conditions of approval.