To provide guidance for the
orderly development of the City and
to ensure that new development is
attractive and compatible with its surroundings.
In fulfilling the mission, the Planning Division performs the following functions:
- Prepares, updates and administers the General Plan to guide future development of the City and the Zoning Code to implement the General Plan.
- Provides information and assistance to the public on the City's planning process and encourages public participation in all planning and development actions.
- Analyzes land use and development proposals from an environmental, zoning, land use, and design standpoint and provides recommendations to City commissions and the City Council.
- Monitors and influences subregional and regional planning efforts and policies for Southern California.
- Inspects construction to ensure compliance with planning regulations and conditions of approval.