Please make arrangements to have your refuse and recycling containers curbside by 6:00 a.m. on your collection day.
Location of Containers
We suggest that you place the containers in the street with the wheels against the curb. Containers should be placed at least two (2) feet apart from each other. To accommodate people with strollers or wheelchairs, please do not place the containers on the sidewalk.
Please do not park within 10-15 feet of the container, and refrain from parking in cul-de-sacs on your collection day.
- Trash, Recycling and Green Waste will only be collected in City provided containers.
- When moving the containers, it is best to steady it by placing your foot behind the container's wheel before tipping and rolling. It is generally easier to pull the container uphill and push (guide) the container downhill.
- Containers are to be removed from the curbside within twelve (12) hours after being emptied. Prompt removal discourages container theft. Residents are encouraged to store automated containers out of view from the street.
- For infrequent situations when you have extra trash or recycling material to be collected, contact Community Services at 399-5431. If the container is overloaded on a more consistent basis, you may request an additional trash container at a nominal cost or an additional recycling or green waste container at no cost.
- The collection containers are the property of the City of Claremont and have a projected life of ten years. It is the responsibility of the resident to prevent theft, damage, and undue wear to the containers and to keep them clean.
- The City will not collect earth, rocks mortar, concrete, plaster, or building materials in the containers. Please contact Community Services to rent a bin or roll-off for disposal of these materials.
- Do not put hot ashes, hot cinders, smoldering coals, or burning materials in the containers. A replacement fee will be charged for damage.
- The City will not collect containers with Household Hazardous Waste, such as paint and used motor oil. Please call the office at (909) 399-5431 for information on free disposal of these items.
The Need for Extra Trash Containers
In order to keep refuse collection fees as low as possible, residents are encouraged to use the recycling and green waste programs to reduce the amount of trash landfilled. These conservation practices will help eliminate unnecessary waste, conserve critical landfill space, and recover valuable materials and energy resources. If, over time, you still have extra trash that cannot be managed within the trash container you selected, please contact the Community Services Department. A larger trash container can be provided on a temporary or permanent basis for an additional fee. Trash containers are available in 40, 64, and 90-gallon sizes.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
For more information, call the Community Services Department at (909) 399-5431.