Mulch Program with Necessary COVID-19 Social Distancing Measures
Due to the Safer at Home Order, the Free Mulch Program was canceled in March and April 2020. Because the program will not be budgeted in 2020/21 and social distancing requirements are softening, two free mulch dates will be offered. Free mulch will be available on a first come, first served basis on Saturday, May 30 and Saturday, June 20, beginning at 7:00 a.m. at Cahuilla Park. Cahuilla Park is located at the corner of Scripps Drive and Indian Hill Boulevard. Under the Social Distancing Order, certain social distancing measures will be in place. The following is an outline of steps that will be in place in order to comply with social distancing requirements.
- Masks will be required of anyone outside their vehicles.
- Traffic will flow from northbound Oxford Avenue to eastbound Scripps Drive (see below for map).
- Waiting vehicles will line the south side of Scripps Drive and northbound Oxford Avenue.
- Mulch will be offered in three piles in the parking lot of Cahuilla Park.
- There will be a staff person at each mulch pile to ensure social distancing. Staff will not be allowed to assist.
- Only one person/vehicle will be allowed to get mulch at a time.
- Only parties of the same vehicle will be allowed to get mulch at a time. No one from other vehicles will be allowed to assist.
- Lanes will be identified as Small, Medium, and Large loads.
- Staff will hand out cards with lane numbers to each vehicle. At this time, they will also check ID for residency.
- Staff will feed vehicles into each parking lot lane from eastbound Scripps Drive ONLY.
- There will only be two vehicles allowed at a time per lane. One filling mulch, the other on deck.
- Staff will be staged at each mulch pile, parking lot entrance, Scripps Drive, and Oxford Avenue.
For more information, contact Community Services with any questions at (909) 399-5431.