To provide guidance for the
orderly development of the City and
In fulfilling the mission, the Planning Division performs the following functions:
- Prepares, updates and administers the General Plan to guide future development of the City and the Zoning Code to implement the General Plan.
- Provides information and assistance to the public on the City's planning process and encourages public participation in all planning and development actions.
- Analyzes land use and development proposals from an environmental, zoning, land use, and design standpoint and provides recommendations to City commissions and the City Council.
- Monitors and influences subregional and regional planning efforts and policies for Southern California.
- Inspects construction to ensure compliance with planning regulations and conditions of approval.
New City Hall Public Counter Hours
The City has reduced public counter hours for Building and Planning in response to reductions in staff. Following are the updated public counter hours:
Building Counter Hours:
- Monday - Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (closed for lunch from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.)
Planning Counter Hours:
- Monday - Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. (closed for lunch from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.)
Interim Building Official Counter Hours:
- Mondays from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesdays from 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
*All other hours are available by appointment, which can be scheduled by contacting Community Development at (909) 399-5470.